Monday, January 17, 2011

Color Study / Blends & Type

 

IMG_0238

Art, January 15, 2011, 11:30 am, BYU Idaho Campus Rexburg, ID. f/3.5, 1/30 sec. Canon T2i.

ART

Art, Edited, This image is basically the same as the original the only additions that I made was first an overlay with an ever so slight reddish tint to bring out the rust color a little. I also added type, to do so I just chose what font style, size, color I wanted. Followed by placing the type and then setting it as an overlay so that it would blend in.

IMG_0261

Showing shallow depth of field.

Spicket, January 15, 2011, 11:45 am, BYU Idaho Campus Rexburg, ID. f/5.6, 1/80 sec. Canon T2i

IMG_0225

Rust, January 15, 2011, 11:30 am, BYU Idaho Campus Rexburg, ID. f/6.3, 1/13 sec. Canon T2i

rustic

Using multiple layers and images I created this image with a little blending. There are different ways to blend the way I went about it was to start with my main image with no edits. I then added a solid color fill layer as an overlay to change the color just a little. after witch I added my own texture layer “rust” dragging selected pixels on top of my main image. followed by adding a couple more adjustment layers for color and style.

IMG_0279

Spalding, January 15, 2011, 1:00 pm. BYU Idaho Campus Rexburg, ID. f/6.3, 1/30 sec. Canon T2i.

IMG_0250

Showing deep depth of field!

Parallel, January 15, 2011, 11:45 am. BYU Idaho Campus Rexburg, ID. f/22, 1/30 sec. Canon T2i.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your shallow depth of field shots. The detail of the textures and the well composed backgrounds bring them together quite nicely. Not to mention that you took them with a T2i! I’m a bit jealous. Keep up the good work Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old house siding with the spicket. The image has really good color and contrast. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete