Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flexible Edits

 

Sunset1 Original

Orange Sun Set, 1-23-2011 about 6:00pm, Rexburg, ID. f/18, 1/60 sec. Canon T2i, 250mm.

sunset1

Orange Sun Set Edit, 1-23-2011 about 6:00pm, Rexburg, ID. f/18, 1/60 sec. Canon T2i, 250mm.

With the Orange Sunset I used an adjustment layer to brighten the foreground and the clouds to have more of the picture visible. I chose a a level adjustment layer and the linear dodge blend mode to lighten the whole picture. Then clicking on the mask followed by the paint brush using a soft brush I just brushed over the color in the sun set.

Ski Tracks1

Ski Path, 1-17-2011 2:30pm, Hairman State Park, ID. f/6.3, 1/200 sec. Canon T2i.

Ski Tracks

Ski Path Edit, 1-17-2011 2:30pm, Hairman State Park, ID. f/6.3, 1/200 sec. Canon T2i.

The first thing that I did to the Ski Path photo was to turn it into a smart object then I played around with the filters and chose to add a dust and scratches filter. After that I followed the same steps that I took with Orange Sun Set except I used the multiply blending mode. Then I used the brush to brush over just the trees in order to allow the ski tracks to pop out.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your sunset photo a lot. Great job lightening up the foreground as well as making the sunset still pop. Looks great! I also liked your flora and fauna photos as well. I like what you did with the smart filters as well. Your image looks very cool!

    ReplyDelete