Sunday, February 13, 2011

Edge Effects

Flying Partridge

Gray Partridge, 2-5-2011 4:14pm, Camas National Wildlife Refuge, f/9, 1/200 sec, Canon T2i, 250mm.

Partrideg 1

Gray Partridge, 2-5-2011 4:14pm,Camas National Wildlife Refuge, f/9, 1/200 sec, Canon T2i, 250mm.

Both the above images are the same with two different borders also almost the same. I could not decide what one I liked more so I put them both in. For these borders you create a new layer and then add a mask layer to the original image. You need to put the image layer above that of the new layer and the color of the layer depends on what effect you want. For the effects that I got I did something a little different using the brush tool I first went over the new mask layer so that as I went over the mask layer there was some darker effects on the image.

Pheasant border

Pheasant, 2-5-2011 4:30pm, Camas National Wildlife Refuge, f/9, 1/200 sec, Canon T2i, 123mm.

The above image is in it original form minus the border. To get this border I first had to crop the image to a 9 by 7 and then change the canvas size to an 8 by 10. Then using the rectangle tool create a rectangle in covering most the image followed by another one in from the previous on a mask. Both the rectangles can be color of choice. And using the motion blur filter two different times at two different angles and adjusting the opacity you get the effect of the inner rectangle.

Hang on

Hang on, 2-5-2011 3:45pm, Camas National Wildlife Refuge, f/6.3, 1/200 sec, Canon T2i, 235mm.

Porcupine 1

Porcupine, 2-5-2011 4:00pm, Camas National Wildlife Refuge, f/16, 1/1000 sec, Canon T2i, 250mm.

The above images both have the same border type with a different style the sprayed edge effect. For both of them using the rectangle marque drag a rectangle in side of the picture then hit q to apply a quick mask. This is where I made the two different styles the top on I used a sprayed strokes affect where as the second on I used the liquify and adjusted the settings then went around the border to create my own effect. After which you hit q to undo the mask then inverse the mask and hit the delete button to see the border.

1 comment:

  1. I love your porcupine pictures. Great shots overall!

    ReplyDelete