Sunday, February 20, 2011

Night Light

Camera Motion!

Moon Walk 2Moon Walk1

Moon Walk, 2-17-2011 7:45pm, Rexburg, ID. f/22, 10 sec. Canon T2i.

I used the moon to paint with my camera in these two pictures, you can almost make out the word HI. This was a little difficult because I had to point the camera at the moon, hold down the shutter button, and try figure out where the moon was according to my camera.

Light Painting!

Scaner Light1

Scanner Light, 2-20-2011 11:00pm, Rexburg, ID. f/9, 30 sec. Canon T2i.

Scanner Light 3

Scanner Light, 2-20-2011 11:00pm, Rexburg, ID. f/9, 30 sec. Canon T2i.

Scanner Light2

Scanner Light, 2-20-2011 11:00pm, Rexburg, ID. f/9, 30 sec. Canon T2i.

The above three images I used my scanner as a light source to paint my name in the air. This actually took me hours to get a decent image I had to have enough shutter time and enough scanner time while my camera was pointing at the right spot. Two of the time I drew my name and the other two I just waved the scanner around.

Moving Light Capture!

Star Trail Moon Light

Moon lit Star Trail, 2-17-2011 9:30pm, Rexburg, ID. f/16, 2908sec. Canon T2i.

Star Trail oirg

Star Trail 2-2-2011 9:30pm, Rexburg, ID. f/5.6, 2056sec, Canon T2i.

The above images I set my camera up pointer it at the stars (a light source) and opened up the shutter for an hour or more. The first image is a lot brighter because there was a full moon the second image there was no moon at all.

3 comments:

  1. Your scanner pictures and the picture of the stars turned out very well. I especially enjoy the stars. You did an excellent job at leaving the shutter open and accomplishing the end product. It has a very unique look to it in which I thoroughly enjoy. Good job on your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wildlife pictures, man. I would love to try wildlife photography. I can tell you've got a real love for nature, and it shows through in your pictures. The star trail was especially great- I wish it was warm enough to do more of those. I like the light sources you used for your light paintings- the moon was creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on those Adam. The 2nd one is great!

    ReplyDelete